OREGon Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

plutonium

Does anyone know what their interview season is like, if they have sent out rejections yet, and if they are still sending invitations?

Members don't see this ad.

I just spoke with Debbie Melton head of admissions at OHSU about a week ago... They at that point had interviewed 150 people and were planning to interview 450. They are going to continue interviewing through April. At this point she thought they had interviews scheduled into the last week of February, but there was still some availability. She said they will be done reviewing applications and extending interview invitations by late-February. So if no response by then, I would imagine a letter will be arriving shortly thereafter to break the news. I hope this helps... I am waiting to hear from them too.

I just received an invite a few days ago and was complete by november. The available dates are early march to april 5 (last day of interviewing). Invites are via snail mail, so make sure to keep checking! Good luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
a newbie in admissions told me that OHSU will be sending out decisions by May 15, which is quite late (the latest!). if this is true, they'll be interviewing for awhile.

I just spoke with Debbie Melton head of admissions at OHSU about a week ago... They at that point had interviewed 150 people and were planning to interview 450. They are going to continue interviewing through April. At this point she thought they had interviews scheduled into the last week of February, but there was still some availability. She said they will be done reviewing applications and extending interview invitations by late-February. So if no response by then, I would imagine a letter will be arriving shortly thereafter to break the news. I hope this helps... I am waiting to hear from them too.

Do most people talk to Debbie Melton? I have called a couple of times to check on my application and each time I have been connected to a different person (never Debbie), but I can't ever get much info either.

Another question... anyone know what the OOS tuition is going to be next year and if its possible to become a resident after the first year?

Has anyone been accept/reject-ed off the HOLD list post interview?

Another question... anyone know what the OOS tuition is going to be next year and if its possible to become a resident after the first year?

I think tuiton numbers are similar to last year which I think was about ~31,000 for oos. Once you are accepted as OOS you cannot change your resident status.

Do most people talk to Debbie Melton? I have called a couple of times to check on my application and each time I have been connected to a different person (never Debbie), but I can't ever get much info either.

She called me back after I left a message on the admissions office phone. I had been trying to correspond with her via e-mail, but that was not working so I was calling try and get ahold of her.

Normally, you are right... they have her minions answer the phone.

Regarding... tuition at OHSU... I've heard from everyone that we will see a 5% increase in tuition next year... that is just the estimate depending on state funding, etc. Now that would presumably raise OOS to about 33 or 34k I think. Also, I know it is very very hard to get your Oregon residency for education purposes. BUT if you have a family, working significant other, etc. there may be some ways to circumvent the barriers. I think it takes one year of full-time working to get your residency in Oregon otherwise.

I think tuiton numbers are similar to last year which I think was about ~31,000 for oos. Once you are accepted as OOS you cannot change your resident status.

actually i think tuition for OOS is 40K but i might be wrong 24K for instate

ouch. that hurts. thats more expensive than BU

the associate dean who talked to our interview group said that they have non-rolling admissions, so unless you really rock or really suck, you'll be put on hold until they have finished interviewing -- i got the impression that they interview until april, though i'm not sure he actually SAID that. we will hear BY may 15.

I also haven't received an interview (complete in November.)
Anybody have any stats on # of applicants/interviews?
Earlier post said about 450 interviews.