Oregon Senate Approve Prescribing Psychologist Legislation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edieb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my friends wrote me that the Oregon senate followed the decision made last month by the Oregon house to grant psychologists prescriptive authority. I checked the link, and it looks like he is correct.......

http://gov.oregonlive.com/bill/HB2702/

3 states down, 47 to go!

Members don't see this ad.

The Governor still needs to sign off on it.....anyone know if he supports this bill?

If it gets through that....NICE!!!

I'd consider moving out there, though it depends on Missouri's bill and a few other things.

From another web board, "THEODORE (TED) R. KULONGOSKI had indicated his support for the prescribing psychologist bill and has been in discussions with the OPA [Oregon Psychological Association] on best how-to navigate the measure through both the House and the Senate..."

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the addendum, there is to be a creation of a board which will rework the requirements/training for RxP. This board will consist of two psychiatrists (at least one from OHSU), two prescribing-trained psychologists, one non-prescribing psychologist, a PCP, and a pharmacist.