Oregon State vs RVC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labanales

Reaction score
HELP :c I can't decide between OSU (OOS) and RVC. Any insight on the programs would be great. I want to specialize in emergency med.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am a final year at RVC. While I’m very happy where I am now (outside the whole lockdown thing) it is a very big culture shock for the first few months. The whole way university is taught here is so much different plus being in a new country makes the first 3-4 months very stressful. If you are really good at self motivating to study and keeping up with things without an exam to pressure you, it is a great program. Pre-pandemic I could take a Friday and Monday off to fly to Spain for the weekend then just make up the lectures (all recorded) the following weekend. There is very little (basically none) hands on before final year outside of EMS. Booking EMS is your responsibility and it can be expensive and a pain. But it’s the same with all UK schools. The biggest downside is that you’re with children. The UK/EU students are 18 and so when you mix with them after 1st year of the 4 year program, you realize what a difference a few years makes in maturity. If you have any specific questions I’m happy to answer them since I’ve pretty much been though it all here at this point :)