Oregon vs. Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynameskev

Reaction score
Just looking to get some opinions. I’m interested in small animal soft tissue or orthopedic surgery (for now). I love the outdoors and like to snowboard, camp, hike, mountain bike and more so Oregon’s location really really calls to me. And I also think I’d appreciate the small class size that Oregon has as well. Lastly, I’m still interested in getting some large animal experiences so I like that Oregon does not have a tracked curriculum. But I’m a California resident, and therefore Davis would be about 2/3 the price when considering living expenses and all. Just looking to get some insight into the opportunities to get involved within the teaching hospitals at both schools. I’m really interested in shadowing and even working within the hospital. I’ve heard a couple rumors that Davis is very competitive and opportunities are difficult to get within the hospital during your first and second years for sure. Any opinions would be awesome.

Members don't see this ad.