Organic and Inorganic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ella Shepherd

Screen. Stage. Studio.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be taking Quantitative Inorganic Analysis and Elementary Organic Chemistry soon. What are these subjects anyway? What exactly do you mean by "quantitative inorganic analysis"? And is elementary organic chemistry like an introduction or something for organic chem I and II or is it equal to one of them/both of them?

I'd like to know something about them before I get into class. Can you recommend any supplement material I can use for these two subjects I'll be taking?

P.S. I took gen chem I last semester. Is it similar to gen chem II? What's gen chem II like/about?

Thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be taking Quantitative Inorganic Analysis and Elementary Organic Chemistry soon. What are these subjects anyway? What exactly do you mean by "quantitative inorganic analysis"? And is elementary organic chemistry like an introduction or something for organic chem I and II or is it equal to one of them/both of them?

I'd like to know something about them before I get into class. Can you recommend any supplement material I can use for these two subjects I'll be taking?

P.S. I took gen chem I last semester. Is it similar to gen chem II? What's gen chem II like/about?

Thank you. :)

Quantitative analysis is basically physical chemistry, it deals with Volumetric analysis, titration etc.

Organic Chemistry is ORGANIC CHEMISTRY. Its pretty hard to remember everything but if you put in effort and work hard then you can ace it.

Good Luck!!

Quantitative Inorganic Analysis sounds like its straight up analytical chemistry. You'll probably be dealing with maximum experimental error, a bunch of titration equations, and other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Strange...Ive had orgo, Inorganic, and quantitative analysis. Never heard of this inorgo quant analysis. I would assume its what the previous posters mentioned.

They were pretty difficult but Ive enjoyed them both

I have taken quantitative analysis and analytical chemistry, and QA is pretty much pre-analytical chemistry. It deals with the maths and concepts required in analytical (complicated titrations, chemical purification, gravimetrics, etc.), while A-Chem is more of the applied stuff (studying specific instrumentation, error analysis, etc.) I took QA and Orgo2 at the same time, and it is no cakewalk. Good luck.

I have taken quantitative analysis and analytical chemistry, and QA is pretty much pre-analytical chemistry. It deals with the maths and concepts required in analytical (complicated titrations, chemical purification, gravimetrics, etc.), while A-Chem is more of the applied stuff (studying specific instrumentation, error analysis, etc.) I took QA and Orgo2 at the same time, and it is no cakewalk. Good luck.

I'll be taking those two subjects I mentioned at the same time, too. Thanks. :)