Organic Chem II Lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honsano

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering whether it is necessary to take Lab for Organic Chemistry II? At my school they offer it seperate from the Orgo Lecture. See, I am really bad at labs and if I don't have to take this it would be for the best, however, I am not sure whether most medical schools require it for admission. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Most require labs for both Organic I and II. Sorry. Just take it and get it over with and then don't worry about it again. My school was the same way. The class lecture was 3 credits and the lab was 2 credits for both I and II, so when we got done we had 10 credits of organic

Organic lab is not bad at all. It's almost FUN. Just take it. I think almost all schools require it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, same way at my school, the lecture and the lab are separate. I think it's like that at most places to be honest.

Cool, thanks yall. I am having fun in Orgo Lab I right now but I am just soo bad at it. I dunno, yeah guess I will just suck it up. Thanks again :)

Generally, the second lab is easier and more fun. You're basically learning the techniques now. Next semester you'll know how to do everything, and it all goes much faster.

Remember the best way to pass time while waiting for things to heat and distill: squirt your lab partner with acetone and light him on fire. Just make sure your TA isn't looking. ;)

just make sure you dont take it without taking the regular class.
i learned the hard way :p

Labs are perfect supplementary to lectures. I know labs can be very frustrating (esp. Orgo Lab because nothing ever works and you actually get graded on the purity of your products). In order to make your file competitive for medical school, you need to challenge yourself...take classes you fear most and do well in all of them! A 4.0 under the least rigorous curiculum isn't as reflective as a 3.7 under the most challenging program. Don't worry...I think you'll be fine! Take the lab! Good luck!

Full frontal lobotomies help to deal with organic chemistry.

ochem lab is FUN!!

plus its a great way to bond with the people that are going into your major and stuff.

some of my closest friends ive met in ochem lab.

so have fun. live life and take ochem lab!