Organic chem lab during summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Screwtape

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been trying to figure out my schedule for next semester and it seems that the only way I would be able to do research if I were to postpone my OChem lab until the summer or fall. Some schools in the wisconsin symstem ( I go to UW- Madison) offer a 2 week program over the summer for ochem lab. It is a total of 80 hours. Does anyone have experience with any type of program like this and do dental school accept this for the ochem lab? This would be my only ochem lab since my school only has it during second semester ochem. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nvm I thought you were wanting to take the complete course in the summer, if its just the lab knock it out in two weeks credit is credit.

I did that. I took my O-chem lab during the summer session and it worked out just fine. Now one commented on it at any of my interviews. Just make sure it is enough credits to put you over the 8 hour total o-chem requirement.

You're fine as long as you can handle the workload. (Ochem lab in 2 weeks won't be easy!) But do what you have to do to fulfill the prereqs and d-schools should accept the credits as if you took it during the year.