Organic Chem might turn online next quarter - nonissue, right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some UC campuses are turning fully online next quarter, and it looks like 2 of my prereq classes (bio and orgo) may turn online as well for Spring 2020.

I know we're supposed to avoid online prerequisites, and I'm 99% being neurotic and overthinking it, but having to take online prereqs due to COVID-19 will be a nonissue, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Some UC campuses are turning fully online next quarter, and it looks like 2 of my prereq classes (bio and orgo) may turn online as well for Spring 2020.

I know we're supposed to avoid online prerequisites, and I'm 99% being neurotic and overthinking it, but having to take online prereqs due to COVID-19 will be a nonissue, right?
I don't think you are being neurotic or overthinking, but, tbh, you could only get an authoritative answer from the specific schools who have the requirement. My opinion is that a global pandemic is as good an excuse as any for taking some prereqs online, but I'm just a premed, so what do I know??

All kidding aside, though, while you are not overthinking it, you are also not going to transfer over this, so what choice do you have? If your school is a 4-year UC, and some med school has a problem with it, you'll just have to cross that school off your list. What's the alternative? Taking the classes at another school? Med schools won't like that either, unless you have a nearby 4 year school you can take classes at, and then have them transfer over, which nobody will like, including you!!

TL;dr -- I 99.99% think you'll be okay under the circumstances, but, even if you're not at one or two schools, there's nothing you can do about it, so try to relax and go with the flow!

Reactions: 1 user
I also suspect that there will be no mention on your transcript that this was an online course if you take it at your usual university.

Reactions: 1 users