Organic Chem screw-up, I Need an Honest Opinion (I would really appreciate it)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poreaf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a B- in Organic 201, any suggestions?? thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
whatever the grade in organic chem is you should plan on retaking most of your pre reqs to get it higher than C.

If you have C's or better in your pre-req's and a decent GPA/sGPA overall, med schools won't care about a B+ in Organic. A B+ is higher than a lot of applicants get in it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I just want some honest ideas, is this going to look back since so much people emphasize about Organic, and medical school look at it the most etc.. Thank you very much for your help

Uhm... no they don't?

Your GPA matters, and that is going to be an issue. Rock your MCAT, get some good experience in, write a great personal statement, and apply broadly. If you do well on interviews, you will get in somewhere.

Nobody is going to bs you and say med schools will forgive your past and not look at your gpa. But there is more to an applicant than a GPA and there is more to a person than an application.

B+ is good and no it won't affect you. You previous general science courses will. You might want to bring up your sGPA.

What is your GPA? If you post it, it will be easier to identify what you need to fix.

cGPA? (non science courses total GPA)
sGPA? (bio,chem,physics,math total GPA)

Has no one else but me ever heard of calculating your own GPA? It's not just a number that the school randomly assigns you, its a simple calculation that you can do. If you can't do it, they have websites to do it for you!

http://www.back2college.com/gpa.htm

Play with it and see what you are looking at. If you don't like the numbers you see, then get your grades up. Estimate what your GPA will be at graduation and see how that number looks. If you still don't like it, make a plan.

Sheesh people, don't post a new thread before you've thought about what you are asking.