Organic Chem.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Doc_Panchal

Hi,
I have a bit of problem. I took organic chem two years ago and although, I remember some, i have also forgotten the rest. The problem is that I have been taught organic chem. differently in slides format by my professor and I am studying organic through Princeton Review book right now for the August MCAT. I took princeton review course in the spring and it is really difficult for me to understand the way that Princeton explains it.

There is only 2 months left for MCAT and I don't think its a good idea that I would go over all the notes from my class..because that would take too much time. What should I do? Because I am having trouble understanding, it is also affecting my concentration. I feel frustrated whenever I start studying for orgo.

Anyone who took the MCAT, could you please tell me how was the organic section and if anybody who is studying for the August MCAT give me some tips?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Doc:
I took the April 02 MCAT (9BS*), and had 7 bio passage and 4 orgo passages. The orgo was basic and straightforward. Not to say that it was a cinch or anything, but it is as basic as basic gets. The bio. passages were alot harder. I wish I could say the same for the my PS (6 :( ). Which is why I am retaking. Kaplan Orgo notes are good.

NJDESI

Hi, NJDesi,
Thanks for replying back. I am a newest member...and i have been reading the archives of the post. I am sorry that you have to retake it. But also remember that, "All Good things in life aren't easy to get". It helps when I am down and things don't work out..sometimes.

Anyhow, I was wondering, how did u study for orgo? If you or anyone could give me some tips, it would be really helpful.