This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future Molinator

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can I get a conformation of the breakdown of questions for the orgo section.

According to Kaplan,

Reactions (30%)
Mechanisms (17%)
Chemical & Physical Properties (17%)
Acid-Base Chemistry (10%)
Aromatics and Bonding (10%)
Stereochemistry (10%)
Nomenclature (7%)

Members don't see this ad.

Every OC test is different on the DAT. Some students claim to get almost entirely first semester reactions, while others go as far as saying they got a 50/50 mix. I got a 26 on the OC section of the real DAT, and I personally found the most helpful resources when studying to be Bootcamp, DAT QVault, and DAT Destroyer's Reaction Maps for OC.

I tutor organic chemistry, so I went into the exam with a very strong basis and spent very little time reviewing for OC, but if you need more review, I would use Mike's or Chad's videos. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Every OC test is different on the DAT. Some students claim to get almost entirely first semester reactions, while others go as far as saying they got a 50/50 mix. I got a 26 on the OC section of the real DAT, and I personally found the most helpful resources when studying to be Bootcamp, DAT QVault, and DAT Destroyer's Reaction Maps for OC.

I tutor organic chemistry, so I went into the exam with a very strong basis and spent very little time reviewing for OC, but if you need more review, I would use Mike's or Chad's videos. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it :)

Reactions: 1 user