Organic Chemistry I Course Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michael37

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm seeking to take organic chem I this fall semester, most likely under the "2nd 8-week" division of courses that colleges/universities have (but it can be any course this fall semester that will have either started soon or has started just recently). My schedule for the winter interim session is already quite full along with the spring semester, which is why I'm seeking a course to complete this fall semester. I did not plan to do organic chem earlier as a full-semester course due to quite a lot to handle over the summer.

I am not required to have an upper-level organic chem course, so a lower-level organic chem course would not be out of the question, however, I would prefer to take organic chem I as upper-level. Between not taking organic chem I just bc it's lower-level and taking organic chem I with my only option as it being lower-level, I'd take the latter; it's designated level won't sway my opinion as to not take it at all, but upper-level is just my preference. So far, I've been searching up general categorizations of colleges/universities, such as "list of public universities" or "list of universities in" so and so state followed by "course schedule" where I look for the specific courses available under the chemistry department. I have tried simply looking up "universities with 8-week courses" and similar searches, however, they have not been as efficient in the process of finding one as I had hoped. I'll be continuing to look through university course schedules, however, for the sake of time since the usual start date for 2nd 8-week classes is coming up soon and also I'm finding myself with less and less time between extracurriculars, coursework, studying for upcoming finals in my 1st 8-week courses, and soon to be moving to another state (the semester really just seems to be going by so fast!), I'm wondering if anyone has some free time on their hands and would be willing to help me out with finding a suitable course. If you are willing, please let me know if you have found any courses or any other methods of searching for courses that you have found to be efficient. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hope y'all are all doing well!

Members don't see this ad.

Look at organic chemistry courses offered at Harvard extension, Berkeley extension, and UCLA extension. They might Have a course that meets your needs while being offered online.

Both the start dates for Organic Chemistry I in Harvard Extension and Berkeley Extension have passed for the fall. UCLA Extension does not follow the traditional two-course organic chem sequence, instead following a four-course sequence that combines both general and organic chem for the second & third courses. Thank you for reaching out with the suggestion though!

Transferring over courses that are held by the university itself has gone over much more smoothly for my institution. Dallas College is quite variable with its course schedule, including not just the traditional 16-week courses but also 1st & 2nd 8-week classes as well, with even some course timelines stretching out even more variable. Unfortunately, the 2nd 8-week organic chem classes are all organic chem II whereas I'm seeking organic chem I. I'll keep looking for a course. Finding colleges/universities with variable course timelines over a semester is what I think will lead me to find a suitable course, however, at least from what I've searched thus far, I rarely come across them.

If anyone has some time to kill and would be willing to help me out, that would be much appreciated. Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any suggestions? I've looked through the majority of community colleges' course schedules in Florida and Texas. Right now, I'm going through Wisconsin and Minnesota. If anyone has any suggestions for even just states or specific community colleges that are prominent for 4-week, 8-week, or other kinds of condensed course timelines, please let me know. Have a great weekend everyone!

Both the start dates for Organic Chemistry I in Harvard Extension and Berkeley Extension have passed for the fall. UCLA Extension does not follow the traditional two-course organic chem sequence, instead following a four-course sequence that combines both general and organic chem for the second & third courses. Thank you for reaching out with the suggestion though!

Transferring over courses that are held by the university itself has gone over much more smoothly for my institution. Dallas College is quite variable with its course schedule, including not just the traditional 16-week courses but also 1st & 2nd 8-week classes as well, with even some course timelines stretching out even more variable. Unfortunately, the 2nd 8-week organic chem classes are all organic chem II whereas I'm seeking organic chem I. I'll keep looking for a course. Finding colleges/universities with variable course timelines over a semester is what I think will lead me to find a suitable course, however, at least from what I've searched thus far, I rarely come across them.

If anyone has some time to kill and would be willing to help me out, that would be much appreciated. Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Currently a student at UCLA extension. The 14C, 14D, and 14CL sequence (1 year) from UCLA (and extension) will fulfill 1 year organic chemistry requirements.