Organic Chemistry II..how to score an A?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, next semester I'm taking organic chemistry II and I was wondering what strategies I could use to score an A. Any piece of advice would be appreciated. Maybe like "I used index cards or I studied the chapter before lecture."

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Understand it. Focus on the tiny details of basic reactions. Learning this really makes ALL reactions easy.

buy DAT destroyer. know the entire orgo section like the back of your hand (except i never memorized those lengthy chart things in there). it should get you 22 or above on the DAT too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really thought Organic Chemistry as a second language second semester was really helpful. Also I had organic odyssey from orgoman.com that was helpful on my weekly quizzes. For the final make sure to get the ACS study guide if your teacher pulls the ACS final on you guys.

How to get an A? Dont get a B, C, D, or F

When you study ochem, focus on understanding all your fundamentals first, like acidity, basiticity, nomenclature, groups, polarity, etc. Then just memorize all the reactions and learn where electrons go - that's pretty much it.

Read the book, and make notecard + read it anytime (walking, eating...) I did that, and it helped! Good luck!