Organic Chemistry Lab 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saveourpens

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Organic chemistry 1 Lab at all similiar to Bio lab 1 (days wasted going over long reports to study for quizes which are on random tidbits)?

This past semseter I took Gen Chem 2 (w/ lab), Bio 2 (w/lab (not part of course)) along with two of my easy major classes.

I got a B in Gen Chem 2, an A- in Bio 2, and a B in Bio Lab. This is pretty bad for me and I credit alot of it for the days wasted studying for stupid bio lab, doing chem lab reports, being in bio lab and chem lab.

Would you guys recommend not taking any labs next semseter, taking instead a research lab for credit, so I can focus more on my Physics 1 and Organic 1 courses?

Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

Is Organic chemistry 1 Lab at all similiar to Bio lab 1 (days wasted going over long reports to study for quizes which are on random tidbits)?

This past semseter I took Gen Chem 2 (w/ lab), Bio 2 (w/lab (not part of course)) along with two of my easy major classes.

I got a B in Gen Chem 2, an A- in Bio 2, and a B in Bio Lab. This is pretty bad for me and I credit alot of it for the days wasted studying for stupid bio lab, doing chem lab reports, being in bio lab and chem lab.

Would you guys recommend not taking any labs next semseter, taking instead a research lab for credit, so I can focus more on my Physics 1 and Organic 1 courses?

Thanks for any advice

Well... I took Physics I and Gen. Chem I this past semester. Along with Microbiology + lab. I already did Zoology and Botany, both with labs, but I wanted more from biology since I heard many schools look down on Botany for part of the biology credit? Anyway... nothing can be worse than my Gen Chem Lab... though it was likely because my TA didn't speak English and the experiments took 2 and a half hours for each one, with a quiz at the end of each one. It was my last lab of the week (2:00) on Thursday... so I was already burnt out from the other stuff... take burnout into consideration when planning... there were days when I was like, F it... and did a half-assed job on the reports so I could hand it in and leave. I wound up with a B in the class but could've gotten an A. Oh well.

Ask someone who goes to your school. Asking random people on this board will likely produce a myriad of results; most of which focussed on their individual experiences at their respective institutions. For example, where I'm at Orgo labs are quite easy, where you're at, they may be quite difficult and involve a lot of work and prep time.