Organic Chemistry Lab II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emotionlessface

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that many schools require "8 credit hours of Organic Chemistry with lab." Currently I have taken OChem I (4 credit hours), OChem II (4 credit hours) and OChem Lab I (2 credit hours). Would I be fine without taking OChem Lab II, or do you think it would be considered required since none of them are particularly clear about it?

Members don't see this ad.

As you stated its "8 credits of organic chemistry with lab." As long as you have all 8 credits, which you have, you should be okay. For example, I have OChem I + OChem II + OChem Lab (which was taken in conjunction with OChem II and in total is 8 credits.) Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I see that many schools require "8 credit hours of Organic Chemistry with lab." Currently I have taken OChem I (4 credit hours), OChem II (4 credit hours) and OChem Lab I (2 credit hours). Would I be fine without taking OChem Lab II, or do you think it would be considered required since none of them are particularly clear about it?

Good question, but you would have to talk to the schools that you apply to. I believe many schools want a lab for each organic lecture but its honestly a question that yoy must talk to the schools about.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile