Organic Chemistry Odyssey ??

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by MiztiKatz, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MiztiKatz

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey Guys, So after reading the rave reviews for the destroyer I am def. going to buy that....

but did anyone supplement it with the odyssey???

Is it worth it? or is the destroyer enough on its own?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. poc91nc

poc91nc Membership Revoked
    Removed 7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have used it extensively for organic chemistry. Buy it if you have time. You can see my previous posts for a more in depth review of the odyssey. Just a few words of caution though...I spent about a month and a half, with that book only...so, like I said buy it if you have the time for it. I really think this is the best organic chemistry learning tool on the market...I could've spent the same amount of time on any one of the popular textbooks out there and STILL not learn as much as I did from the odyssey.

In my opinion...the book is not only good for teaching organic chemistry...but also teaches you what you need to know for standardized exams (gives great insight into HOW problems are constructed). Another thing to keep in mind is that to really get the most out of this book, you have to like organic chemistry. So, if you really wanna go for broke in organic chemistry and really like the subject, buy the book.