Organic chemistry online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drox

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any colleges which offer organic chemistry online or through distance education? I'm a non trad and I'm hoping that the online version of organic chemistry wont be too torturing.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any colleges which offer organic chemistry online or through distance education? I'm a non trad and I'm hoping that the online version of organic chemistry wont be too torturing.

That's a bad idea if you're planning to apply to medical school. You also need a full year of orgo lab.

That's a bad idea if you're planning to apply to medical school. You also need a full year of orgo lab.

Plus, not only do I doubt schools would smile on an on-line orgo class, but you have to actually learn the stuff to do well on the MCAT (although I do think the MCAT BS's orgo is a little watered down compared to what most courses require). So I guess in some ways a painful orgo experience might mean a little less pain on the MCAT. But then again, the MCAT is pretty painful....

Members don't see this ad :)
Heads up. Some schools will not even accept online classes. I've asked.

taking online organic chemistry is really really really not a good idea. taking *any* classes online is not a good idea. haha. :)

Hi,
Athabasca University in Canada offers all courses, including Organic 1&2, through distance education. (I think you need to go to the campus for a week for the lab part of the course.)

Here's are the links:
Organic Chemistry 1
Organic Chemistry II

Good luck.

It would be interesting trying to do Orgo Lab from home. Haha.

Most of the materials for my organic chemistry courses, including archived lectures, are available online at http://chem241.wikispaces.com. When I teach it (fall term and sometimes spring) there is an online option. Students have told me that the lectures have been useful to prepare for the MCAT, even if they are not taking my class for credit.

Are you seriously resurrecting a thread 10 years old... head on back to pre-pharm and I'd advise not cheating. Sure hope you're never ever my pharmacist

Reactions: 1 user