Organic Chemistry question. Is this class acceptable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremrsDr<3

Reaction score
This is the only class offered at a college near me. I am unable to go back to my university due to covid. Would this class be acceptable? I wonder because it says "fundamental" Although its the only course they offer leading to their "biochemistry" course.

" Chemistry 2401K: Fundamental Organic Chemistry I CHEM 2401K 3-3-4. Prerequisite: CHEM 1212K with a grade of C or better. Reactions, methods of preparation and physical properties of organic compounds with emphasis on modern electronic and mechanistic theories. Laboratory Fee. "

Members don't see this ad.

Would this be for your biochem req or your orgo req? I don’t think it would really meet the need of either. They generally are looking for a 3-400 hundred level course at that point for those.

This is the only class offered at a college near me. I am unable to go back to my university due to covid. Would this class be acceptable? I wonder because it says "fundamental" Although its the only course they offer leading to their "biochemistry" course.

" Chemistry 2401K: Fundamental Organic Chemistry I CHEM 2401K 3-3-4. Prerequisite: CHEM 1212K with a grade of C or better. Reactions, methods of preparation and physical properties of organic compounds with emphasis on modern electronic and mechanistic theories. Laboratory Fee. "

I recommend contacting the department chair/registrar/faculty and getting a copy of the current syllabus. I would need to see the syllabus before I can accurately answer your question.

I don’t think it matters. They can write “Fundamentals” “Concepts” etc. If you are unsure, your best bet is to call the dental schools you are interested in and ask. Call ADSAAS as well.