Organic Chemistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by full of hope, Jun 6, 2002.

1. full of hope

full of hope Junior Member

Hey! I have a quick question...is it bad to retake a class like Organic Chemistry for a higher grade? I am planning on retaking it this summer...and I know it isnt a good thing to get a bad grade in the first place, but if I retake it and get a higher one (aka, like an A), will that be alright? Thanks :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The consensus typically is that only if your grade is real lousy (C or lower) retake it, and if you do retake it, be sure to get an A. If you have a B or better, do no retake it.

4. Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member

if the rest of your grades are okay...say if Ochem was your only C or something than don't bother. Ochem is a tough course and if your other grades speak well of your academic record then you should be able to explain that one bad grade. But if you think you can get an A go for it!! If not...don't torture yourself!!!

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

If you retake a course, you have to report both grades on your AMCAS app, and both will be figured into your GPA. Of course it will be good if you retake it and get an A, but if you had a C the first time around, it may not be worth the hassle. One C will not keep you out of medschool, if the rest of your app is strong. Of course, if you got less than a C, you should definitely retake it.