1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Organic Chemistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Hawkeye, Jan 19, 2000.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I am just beginning my first semester of Organic and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I have gotten A's in both inorganic classes and attend a fairly respectable school (University of Iowa). I have been always told that this is the hardest class to master. Does anyone have any suggestions for me so that I may achieve a high grade? Thanks to all in advance

Go Hawkeyes

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Eric

Eric Member
    10+ Year Member

To tell you the truth it is not all that different than any other class, there is just more work to do. The best way to get a good grade is to stay current with the work and never ever fall behind because you will have a very difficult time catching up. Good luck.

4. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I found it really helpful to do all of the problems a few times. Our class had exams that were every 3 weeks, so I would do all of the assigned problems once per weekend. It helped so much. It was obvious when students didn't do the problems because their grade suffered. Good luck.

5. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Oooohhhh, O CHEM....Is that still the weed-out course for pre-meds today? It was when I was doing my pre-reqs [​IMG]

Everyone is right!! It won't be different than any of the other pre-reqs just a little more work. I found it one of my favorites...I was not a big fan of inorganic chem.

Study judiciously & try draw rxn formulas by yourself little by little each day. That's what helped me at the time. As long as you keep on top of things, you should be able to well on this one. Good Luck!!!

Rob
    WesternU/COMP Class of 2002