Organic Nightmare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved a C- in orgo II...ugh. I recieved a B- in orgo I and have a 3.6 gpa. I'm planning to retake it, but would really appreciate any inspirational stories. Has anyone had to take it twice?

Members don't see this ad.

You can retake it, but I know of one student who had a C in orgo and still got into Wash U medical. I think that she had straight As in everything else though, and I don't think that she retook her C in orgo either.

I don't know if you necessarily need to retake the class. Your GPA is high, so it shows that the C- is not a "regular occurence." Just be able to explain it at interviews if asked about it. Im sure youll be fine even if you dont retake it! But if itll make you feel better and youre sure you can raise it to at LEAST a B then by all means take it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't inspirational but I think you will have to repeat Orgo II because a C- works out to a like 1.8 or somthing and the schools req. a 2.0. I think that is the case, if not someone correct me. I'm probably going to retake it too.
:mad:

I am a PA in family poractice, starting medical school in 3 months. One of the physicians that I refer to is a cardiologist, and she failed Org I the first time, and made a C the second time. Ochem is one of the classes that many medical students made B's or even C's in. It is forgiveable if you have great grades otherwise.

Thanks you all for the feedback. It helps me to put things in perspective and to forge ahead undaunted. Best of luck to you all and I'll see you on the other side (regardless of how long it takes!).

"If you're going through hell...keep walking."
- Winston Churchill

Another idea instead of retaking organic might to take a higher level biology or biochem class. This will show the admissions people that you can function and understand in an upper division class. Just check out your school's list of courses and find an upper level or even grad level course in like micro, virology, or something to that effect.
That is just a suggestion!

Chris