Organic Reactions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted508066

Please feel free to move this thread if it is in the inappropriate sub-forum. Basically I'm looking for some general advice for tackling ochem reaction mechanisms. I'm taking ochem 1 right now, and learning reactions is pretty. I'm about average in the class - not the worst, not the best - and I just want to understand the material better. I was wondering if anyone had any general tips for handling reaction mechanisms, good web sites to study, what worked for you, or anything that could help. I think my ochem professor is still kind of new to teaching (he's a young guy, and this is his second year at my school). His teaching style is all over the place, and a little hard to follow.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but in class we've already covered the basic alkene/alkyne reactions and are just now getting to substitution reactions. We haven't gotten to elimination reactions yet.

Thank you for any help or advice!

Members don't see this ad.

understand why they happen and then practice doing them. easy to get down, doing them a bunch of times will help you get quick with them

understand why they happen and then practice doing them. easy to get down, doing them a bunch of times will help you get quick with them

+1.
This. I found reactions were much easier this way, practice!