Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2002
chicago
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
hey guys..i took the april mcat and don't remember there being THAT much challenging stuff in regards to organic...just simple "know if it's markovnikov or anti-markovnikov" stuff, as well as some sn1/sn2 distinctions.....but i'm really nervous b/c i don't have all the michael/dieckmann/other weird condensation reactions memorized. are you guys concerned about these weirder ones?

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
i'm learning the aldol & claisen condensations. i think you need to learn those for sure. i am not learning all the other tricky reactions (maybe will learn a couple) -- just don't have time. most of the time they put them in the passages anyway.

About the Ads

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Status
i have reserved the organic section as an automatic minus 20 pts at least. i got through organic by memorizing stupid tricks, a tactic that doesn't work on the mcat, and i'm trying to nail the bio to compensate for organic.

uffda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
they'll only expect you to know the basic reactions - the more obscure ones may be on there but they'll probably also be explained in a passage.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads