Quantcast

Organic stuff...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hey guys..i took the april mcat and don't remember there being THAT much challenging stuff in regards to organic...just simple "know if it's markovnikov or anti-markovnikov" stuff, as well as some sn1/sn2 distinctions.....but i'm really nervous b/c i don't have all the michael/dieckmann/other weird condensation reactions memorized. are you guys concerned about these weirder ones?

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm learning the aldol & claisen condensations. i think you need to learn those for sure. i am not learning all the other tricky reactions (maybe will learn a couple) -- just don't have time. most of the time they put them in the passages anyway.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
excellent, that's what i was planning on doing. anyone else freaking out about organic though???

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have reserved the organic section as an automatic minus 20 pts at least. i got through organic by memorizing stupid tricks, a tactic that doesn't work on the mcat, and i'm trying to nail the bio to compensate for organic.

uffda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
they'll only expect you to know the basic reactions - the more obscure ones may be on there but they'll probably also be explained in a passage.