1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Organic stuff...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DrBravesgirl, Aug 7, 2002.

1. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey guys..i took the april mcat and don't remember there being THAT much challenging stuff in regards to organic...just simple "know if it's markovnikov or anti-markovnikov" stuff, as well as some sn1/sn2 distinctions.....but i'm really nervous b/c i don't have all the michael/dieckmann/other weird condensation reactions memorized. are you guys concerned about these weirder ones?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm learning the aldol & claisen condensations. i think you need to learn those for sure. i am not learning all the other tricky reactions (maybe will learn a couple) -- just don't have time. most of the time they put them in the passages anyway.

4. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    excellent, that's what i was planning on doing. anyone else freaking out about organic though???

5. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member
    7+ Year Member

i have reserved the organic section as an automatic minus 20 pts at least. i got through organic by memorizing stupid tricks, a tactic that doesn't work on the mcat, and i'm trying to nail the bio to compensate for organic.

6. uffda

uffda Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

they'll only expect you to know the basic reactions - the more obscure ones may be on there but they'll probably also be explained in a passage.