Organizational Software?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone made a post a while ago about some software that maps out ideas in a graphic-tree format to help organization. I was just curious if anyone knew the name of this software.

In addition, if anyone else can suggest some other organizing software, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
-Dr. P.

Members don't see this ad.

Like for mental maps for studying or like MS outlook for Email, Contacts, Calendar etc.?

Edit: Wow what valley girl took over my account.

Here's a free one but this is for macs only though. :D

Schoolhouse - Manage your high school or college homework, reports, and projects with an intuitive interface, GPA/Finals calculator, and automatic grade graphing.

Members don't see this ad :)
mac comes standard with a program that does it. but ms word can do it to.

dittozip said:
mac comes standard with a program that does it. but ms word can do it to.

Are these features automatically built into Word or do you have to buy something extra?

Dr. Pepper said:
Someone made a post a while ago about some software that maps out ideas in a graphic-tree format to help organization. I was just curious if anyone knew the name of this software.
MindManager is probably the best known mindmapping software. I use it a lot for work. It's great for helping contextualize and conceptualize.

Heres another free one, for windows, mac and linux.

Freemind

Just google "mind map" or something similar.

Freemind is a great one, there was a post about this on here a while back too that mentioned at least one other good free one.

I downloaded Freemind and it is great.

I also took the time to look through Mind Manager, but it costs at least $250...so I'll take the free Free Mind because I'm cheap. :p
-Dr. P.

notdeadyet said:
MindManager is probably the best known mindmapping software. I use it a lot for work. It's great for helping contextualize and conceptualize.

Any specific examples you care to share with us? I've thought about using it but would love to hear some real world examples if you can share or PM me.