Orgo-like intensive course paired with histology/immunology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Histo or immuno with "orgo"?

• Histology

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Immunology

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

itsJazz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing a business minor, and will be taking my first accounting course this upcoming spring semester. I'm also planning to take either histology or immunology during the spring. I've heard that accounting is about as intensive as orgo. With that in mind, which course (histology or immunology) would be more "doable" paired up with this orgo-like intensive course? And let's assume that I'll be taking a full-time load where all other courses require an equal amount of average effort.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the rigor of accounting classes, but I say take them together. You would be amazed at what you're capable of doing if you put yourself in situations which require you to work harder than you're used to. Plus, dental schools like to see challenging course loads.

Reactions: 1 user
You probably heard about the difficulty of accounting from a business major, having taken both I'll GUARENTEE you accounting does come close to the rigor of either one of those classes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Courses vary too much based on your school/professor for people on SDN to be able to give you really accurate advice about which to take. Histology was a lot less memorizing for me than immunology, but the course you pick shouldn't matter either way. Balancing two intensive science courses in undergrad should not be a problem.

Reactions: 1 users
This easily depends in your school. Look at grade distributions if your school has them. I took anatomy physics 1 immunology and clinical neuroscience last semester and immunology was wayy easier than anatomy/histology- a combined course in my uni worth 5 credits. Histology requires you to understand everything and then be able to use that to analyze different pictures and identify oh this has yade yada so it's from the anus. Atleast in my school it was like that. Immunology on the other hand just required memorizing PowerPoints. I would imagine most people say immunology is easier than histology so I would take immunology if I was in your position.

Which accounting class are you taking? I'm a bunsiness major too.
Are you taking financial or managerial?
The class concept is not hard. The work (homeworks, maybe quizzes, tests) is gonna be a lot. In my case wayyy more than classes like bio where I didn't have to study much or do much homework (besides lab). So it's like time-consuming every day but not necessarily hard.
You can PM if you have questions about it. There's some pre-meds at my school that are interested in business minor/major and I helped them a little bit with planning (Im majoring in business and biochem so I've had to take full load of business and chem classes)

So I'm doing a business minor, and will be taking my first accounting course this upcoming spring semester. I'm also planning to take either histology or immunology during the spring. I've heard that accounting is about as intensive as orgo. With that in mind, which course (histology or immunology) would be more "doable" paired up with this orgo-like intensive course? And let's assume that I'll be taking a full-time load where all other courses require an equal amount of average effort.
you'll probably be fine with either or even taking them all at once. I took a histo class that masters students take and premeds who -> med school said it didn't get much harder than the course, and it really wasn't that bad. Orgo wasn't too bad either but depends on your school. Immunology was easy at my school though so idk about that one.

Which accounting class are you taking? I'm a bunsiness major too.
Are you taking financial or managerial?
The class concept is not hard. The work (homeworks, maybe quizzes, tests) is gonna be a lot. In my case wayyy more than classes like bio where I didn't have to study much or do much homework (besides lab). So it's like time-consuming every day but not necessarily hard.
You can PM if you have questions about it. There's some pre-meds at my school that are interested in business minor/major and I helped them a little bit with planning (Im majoring in business and biochem so I've had to take full load of business and chem classes)

I'm going to be taking financial accounting.

I'm going to be taking financial accounting.
I found financial Accounting a lot easier and more interesting than managerial.
You'll just have to do hw every day but it won't be a difficult class. If you keep up daily hw (not during weekends, only weekdays) you can get an A. I'd say the class should be a lot easier than ochem