Orgo & Physics holding me back - suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first AAMC and got a 33 - (10V/11PS/12BS). I'm currently taking a PR course leading up to the June 15th date. My issues:

1) I haven't taken orgo yet. I can get by with using concepts from gen chem for some parts and I've started trying to learn orgo hardcore. Do you guys suggest learning all the crazy detail that Princeton Review? I just checked out the Gold Standard orgo DVD and am hoping that can start me on the right track.

2) I didn't miss a single gen chem question, yet got blown up by physics. I am currently taking physics & gen chem w/ similar grades, so I'm surprised my performance was so different. I was thinking that just doing as many problems as possible was the way to go, correct? If so, Examcrackers problem books & PR materials is the way I was thinking of going.

3) I have finals the next 2 weeks, the nothing leading up to the exam. How much can I really improve over the 3 weeks leading up to the exam?

4) Verbal score - I have a math background, so a 10 is definitely not something I'll complain about. With so few people getting higher than an 11 (or so I was told), is it really worth applying a lot of effort in this area if you're scoring 10's & 11's? My thinking is that it'd be easier to pick up a point on the other 2 sections than on Verbal.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

im amazed how your gettin such good scores without taking ochem. You seem to be on the right track, ide just learn the ochem they teach you and go for it and study physics.

im amazed how your gettin such good scores without taking ochem. You seem to be on the right track, ide just learn the ochem they teach you and go for it and study physics.

Bio is carrying my score in BS, no question about it. The issue with OChem is that TPR goes into crazy detail about individual reactions that not only went over my head, but I never seem to need on problems very often. I have good notes, I'm just wondering if I should make the effort to learn everything they say or not.

Bio is carrying my score in BS, no question about it. The issue with OChem is that TPR goes into crazy detail about individual reactions that not only went over my head, but I never seem to need on problems very often. I have good notes, I'm just wondering if I should make the effort to learn everything they say or not.

examcrackers. they sum everything up nicely