orgo reactions hmm..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

For those of you who had downloaded Chads Orgo Outlines- would you say making note cards for all of those would be sufficient.. along with going through orgo destroyer and jotting down unfamiliar reagents/reactions? For example- I had no idea what Dieckmann condensation was until destroyer...

OR do you suggest to know all of the reactions from Chad's outline AND the roadmaps?

Appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah i recommend it and do a lot if problems! My DAT had claisen condensation

I'm doing what you are doing. Rewriting chad's reactions and adding more reactions from destroyer as I work through it.

I'm doing what you are doing. Rewriting chad's reactions and adding more reactions from destroyer as I work through it.
Yeah I feel like his outline covers a lot of reactions and as we go through destroyer we can add to that list .. hopefully this is efficient. What are you doing for QR?

Members don't see this ad :)
White out the road maps in destroyer and make worksheets. Makes it kinda fun haha of that's possible

Destroyer got to be a little much for me personally haha. I'm sticking with Chad's reactions and updating them with any that I see in bootcamp or other practice tests

So the reactions that Chad didn't include in his videos but show up in the Destroyer are fair game?

So the reactions that Chad didn't include in his videos but show up in the Destroyer are fair game?

Make sure you print out a list of his outline because that has many reactions in it. I would say it would be in our best interest to recognize the reactions /reagents in destroyer- keeping in mind that it is harder than the real DAT. But if you recognize what certain reagents/ reactions are then you won't be lost.

For QR, I'm doing the questions on DAT destroyer and then moving on to math destroyer for more questions. When are you taking your DAT?

For QR, I'm doing the questions on DAT destroyer and then moving on to math destroyer for more questions. When are you taking your DAT?

Mid august.. you?
Are you finding yourself to solve the dat destroyer questions easily? I'm starting with the math destroyer and I have to look at solutions for a lot of them.. which is scary.. but I'm hoping it becomes repetitive

I'm taking mine near the end of August. I know what you mean. Some of the questions on the math destroyer are quite tough. Honestly I started with math destroyer and felt that I needed to brush up on some math skills, so I stop doing math destroyer, instead I did the QR section of the regular destroyer first. Now I'm moving on to the math destroyer. The more practice, the better. Good luck!

I'm taking mine near the end of August. I know what you mean. Some of the questions on the math destroyer are quite tough. Honestly I started with math destroyer and felt that I needed to brush up on some math skills, so I stop doing math destroyer, instead I did the QR section of the regular destroyer first. Now I'm moving on to the math destroyer. The more practice, the better. Good luck!

Agreed! Same to you :)

Make sure you print out a list of his outline because that has many reactions in it. I would say it would be in our best interest to recognize the reactions /reagents in destroyer- keeping in mind that it is harder than the real DAT. But if you recognize what certain reagents/ reactions are then you won't be lost.

Thanks!

Good luck guys!

I'd recommend printing Chad's outline of orgo reactions, then adding new reactions that you find on Destroyer's roadmaps onto his pre-existing list. That way you can easily compare specific types of reactions side by side (reductions of ketones vs. oxidations of alcohols), rather than making a bunch of notecards and memorizing rxns out of sequence.

I just did notecards of basically all Chad's orgo notes/ reactions and that was definitely enough. I took it yesterday and got a 21 in OC it was very basic nothing too complicated! i looked (literally just looked) at the roadmaps in destroyer and they are useful but I don't think they're necessary, Chad's was enough for me. I mean come on Dieckmann condensation on the DAT? not saying its impossible but highly unlikely

Reactions: 1 users
Just took my DAT this morning and made a 25 in orgo! I made flashcards of all of Chad's reactions and look at his reaction sheet pretty regularly. I made flashcards of the road maps too but.... didn't study them very much cause there were so many! I took all of bootcamps orgo tests and made notes on everything I was unfamiliar with. Last night I looked through the roadmaps and was suprised at how much I knew because they looked like Gibberish the first time I saw them.

Reactions: 1 user
make sure you understand how grignard reagents add to things

Reactions: 1 user