Orgo study help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ironslave

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question,.. taking the MCAT on Sept 7 (t-13 days), Orgo is a weak point. I have read and went through the first book, Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language. For the rest of the time, if I go through the Kaplan topicals and discretes, should I be good to go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you went through both Orgo. as a 2nd Language books (and did all the problems), and used some other source to review spectroscopy, you should be in excellent shape. I found Klein's books excellent, but that might have been because he was teaching my Orgo. class.

It sounds like you're in pretty good shape. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on EK's Orgo review book, that'd be great for you too. Maybe you can talk to your friends since your test is coming up soon...it's a pretty short book (4 chapters that can be fully reviewed in just 2 days). I felt that it prepared me for the test on Aug. 16th.

Quick question,.. taking the MCAT on Sept 7 (t-13 days), Orgo is a weak point. I have read and went through the first book, Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language. For the rest of the time, if I go through the Kaplan topicals and discretes, should I be good to go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
keep in mind that there has not been as much organic chemistry as biology since they changed the mcat format, not quaranteed but that has been the trend lately, I am taking it on sep 7th, and personally I am more prepared and prefer organic chemistry over biology on the mcat and if I were you according to the noted changes would not waste much more time on ORG at this point, but that is ME if I were in that position.