orgo1 with orgo lab...possible??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello. i was wondering if it is feasible to take both orgo I and orgo lab classes at the same time before taking orgo II....is it possible or you need orgo II in order to do well in the lab class.....thanks in advance for any comment

Members don't see this ad.

it wasn't even an option at my undergrad school to take the lecture without the lab....and you had to pass both organic I lecture and lab in order to move on to organic II lecture and lab. there was a lab for each course and you weren't allowed to register for one without the other. are you sure that you can really take one without the other and at separate times, as you imply in your post?

At my school, Ochem I is required before you can take the lab (Synthesis Lab I). While you are taking Ochem II, you take Synthesis Lab I, and finally, after you have completed Ochem II, you can take Synthesis Lab II. It is recommended that you have Ochem I before taking the lab if this is how your school does it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Smileman... at my school you can take them all separately but have to take lecture 1 before lecture 2 and lab 1 before lab 2.... I took organic 1 one semester, then the next semester I took organic 1 lab and organic 2 lecture at the same time, then the next I took organic 2 lab.

It was greatly beneficial for me in Organic 1 lab already having had the whole semester of organic 1 lecture. I knew how all the mechanisms worked while other students were confused and had no clue what was going on because they were still doing R&S configurations in lecture. If you could do that it would probably help you out too!!!

It's funny, cause in my school, there was only one orgo lab and you could take it with either orgo I or orgo II. I took it with orgo II, but I know those that took it with orgo I and did just fine.