ORIENTATION MS-1 Outfit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boylikestocook

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school orientation is only days away, and I want to know what I should be wearing to the orientation, mostly indoor, maybe some outdoor activities as well, not sure though, day time high temperature would be in the 80-95 range. I was thinking a T and Shorts, or Button down and jeans, maybe even a dress shirt with slacks? Do not want to look like a fool, and leave bad impression to the teachers.

Members don't see this ad.

If they didn't give you any specific instructions then a polo with jeans should be fine.

I recommend a dress with a plunging neckline. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Be comfortable.

wife beater, gym shorts, flippy-floppies

My school orientation is only days away, and I want to know what I should be wearing to the orientation, mostly indoor, maybe some outdoor activities as well, not sure though, day time high temperature would be in the 80-95 range. I was thinking a T and Shorts, or Button down and jeans, maybe even a dress shirt with slacks? Do not want to look like a fool, and leave bad impression to the teachers.

Ours was more or less come as you are. Business casual is the safest bet, though.

tshirt and shorts'll be fine; that's what everyone except one guy wore to mine. you don't want to be the only guy dressed up. if everyone else is dressed up but you aren't--well, at least you'll be comfortable

FWIW on our first day of medical school they threw a white coat on us and took pictures of us. Those pictures ended up in the directory and followed us around all four years. It's even on a sign at the front desk of the clinic I'm currently rotating at as a fourth year, no joke. Kinda wish I had worn a tie.

I was in a button down and casual slacks and fit in just fine.

FWIW on our first day of medical school they threw a white coat on us and took pictures of us. Those pictures ended up in the directory and followed us around all four years. It's even on a sign at the front desk of the clinic I'm currently rotating at as a fourth year, no joke. Kinda wish I had worn a tie.

I was in a button down and casual slacks and fit in just fine.

Ours did this as well. It was our yearbook pic, and is still the pic on my ID. They warned us tho so we were all dressy.

i think ours is casual and then they warned us to bring a nice top for the photo and a nice outfit for the white coat ceremony.

I know white coat is not on the first day, so I will be OK w/o a tie. Decided on a button down and a pair of Kacs from Italy. I will wear the Thong as well in case gets tooo Hot outside. Do Italians wear underwear?

Members don't see this ad :)
T-shirt is fine unless you were given specific instructions to the contrary. You're done with having to impress these people for a little while.

I just finished orientation yesterday. 90% of my classmates wore button up/polo and slacks on the first day. It became more casual as the week progressed. However, by the end of the week I still hadn't seen anyone wear a t-shirt.

I'm pretty sure a girl at orientation this year was wearing jean shorts and a one-piece bathing suit. So weird.

We all need jorts in our life.

asdf

Last edited:
First two days of our orientation were casual. Most of us wore jeans and a t-shirt. These past two days we've had patient interactions and have gone out in the community as representatives for our school, so we were required to wear business casual wear. Tomorrow's our white coat ceremony, so it's business casual wear then too. Meh.

Really, all you'll need is a cape. Anything more is overdressing.

What kind of nutty orientation people make you wear polos/button down anything? It's just a bunch of social events for god's sake.

Don't dress like a man-***** or a slut, obviously, be somewhat professional, but don't go around in a suit.

Thanks for all your help. I am switching to Ed hardy T, True Religion pants, a Fedora, and some Court Classics. Talking about a weird combination.

What kind of nutty orientation people make you wear polos/button down anything? It's just a bunch of social events for god's sake.

Don't dress like a man-***** or a slut, obviously, be somewhat professional, but don't go around in a suit.

We had to wear suits/business professional the first day and business casual the second day. We had photos taken for our class composite, online profiles, use at doctors' offices, etc.

Business casual was just to spite us I think, but everyone did it since it was on the schedule.