ORM MCAT 519 (130/128/130/131) cGPA: 3.71 sGPA: 3.62.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crispyboi

Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your list. Instead of applying to DO schools you could add more MD schools such as:
Medical College Wisconsin
Drexel
Hofstra
Oakland Beaumont

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only applying to MD schools. How good of a shot would I have at schools like Northwestern, UChicago, WashU, or Mayo? Did I bone myself by not applying to any DO?[/QUOTE]

You've got a shot at those top-20 schools. They're certainly reaches, but there's no harm in adding those four top-20s to your list if you want. You don't need to apply DO unless you like their philosophy or something. You've got a strong upward trend and an excellent MCAT, plus good ECs.

State of Residence - Illinois

Schools:
UIC
Loyola/Stritch
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Northwestern/Feinberg
UChicago
Washington University in St. Louis
Tulane
Albany Medical College
Eastern Virginia
Quinnipiac
Wake Forest
George Washington University
Thomas Jefferson/Sidney Kimmel
Temple
New York Medical College
Western Michigan
Tufts
MSU

Add NYU, Case, Hofstra, Emory, Dartmouth, Einstein, Mayo, Pitt, BU, Tufts, U VM, Wayne State, U Miami. I don't think you need DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Add NYU, Case, Hofstra, Emory, Dartmouth, Einstein, Mayo, Pitt, BU, Tufts, U VM, Wayne State, U Miami. I don't think you need DO schools.

If Harvard or Yale appeal to OP they can add 'em to the list as well: no real harm in shooting for the stars here. Not quite a rock star, but very close indeed. Best of luck to 'em!