Ortho Question For International Students At Nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VENEDOCTOR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am posting here because you look like you know what you are talking about...What is the difference between getting in to the regular ortho program in NYU and getting accepted in the international ortho program (advance education for international dentist) AT NYU. I ask because a friend of mine got rejected from the postgraduate, then she aplied to the international ortho program over the internet and got the acceptence in two days without an interview and they did not ask her for NBDE or the GRE. How weird is this?. I am very exited for her but I obviously there has to be a catch....will she received a Ortho diploma or just a certificate of completition of a course? if she decided to work in the USA, after she finishes her DDS program, will she be considered an orthodontist?
Any idea will help, I just dont want for her to get her hopes high and then (after paying thousands) find out that it was usless...

Members don't see this ad.

Well Frm Wat I Went Thru A Few Days Bak.. D Course Ur Frnd Gt Selectd In Is Most Probably D One Intended Fr International Students Who Return To Their Homeland Aftr Completing D Course..and It Was Mentioned Dat It Doesnt Give Any Sort Of Advantage Fr Licensing As D Other Pg Programs Do

It doesn't let you licensure eligible in the US.These are the Non-accredited programs.Sure improves your chances to get into a DDS program probably thereafter