ORTHO Question (NOT about match)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btlwhulka

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a ortho question. I am currently undergoing ortho but am unsure about a few things. I had braces around the age of 13-14 mainly due to the fact that my lower right canine (#22) erupted under my tongue and my baby lower right canine (r) would not exfoliate. Basically the orthodontist pulled baby tooth and pulled the canine into the spot but it is not as erupted as the other anterior teeth. So, I have went back for round two of braces with these issues:
1. #9 was not as erupted as #8. The gingival tissue on #9 was much higher than #8 (this has been corrected in the past few months). Was this considered impaction?
2. #22 & #27 not as erupted as other mandibular incisors. Also, #22 is not completley in the arch.
3. I feel that I am overclosed, but not sure how to determine this.

Also, my main question is that I have noticed that my posterior teeth are not erupted as much as my anterior teeth. Does this make sense? Does anyone know why this would happen? Also, can this be corrected with ortho?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am not an orthodontist, but I am sure they would agree a picture (or several photos and or models) would be worth a thousand words when it comes to answering your question.