Ortho Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoWork91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently started dental school and was wondering what would make one competitive for applying to ortho. My school does not rank so I have no idea how I'll be judged at the end of all this. We have grades but for some reason we're not ranked. Can some people applying this cycle shed some light on how to make myself competitive for ortho? How many B's did you guys get in dental school? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I recently started dental school and was wondering what would make one competitive for applying to ortho. My school does not rank so I have no idea how I'll be judged at the end of all this. We have grades but for some reason we're not ranked. Can some people applying this cycle shed some light on how to make myself competitive for ortho? How many B's did you guys get in dental school? Thanks!

If you're not ranked then I wouldn't worry about it. That's basically your school's way of saying, "We gotchyer back. You're in."

Just do as well as you can in that case and don't sweat it too much.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, if your school doesn't rank then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That being said, because you say your school has grades I would assume you have a GPA too? If so, I would try to find out from your upperclassmen who are applying to specialities if you report this GPA when you apply.