Ortho Stats

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by DoWork91, 09.30.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE

Thanks to QbankDMD
  1. DoWork91

DoWork91 5+ Year Member

Hi everyone, I recently started dental school and was wondering what would make one competitive for applying to ortho. My school does not rank so I have no idea how I'll be judged at the end of all this. We have grades but for some reason we're not ranked. Can some people applying this cycle shed some light on how to make myself competitive for ortho? How many B's did you guys get in dental school? Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Silent Cool

Silent Cool Member Banned 10+ Year Member

If you're not ranked then I wouldn't worry about it. That's basically your school's way of saying, "We gotchyer back. You're in."

Just do as well as you can in that case and don't sweat it too much.

DoWork91 likes this.
  4. swimpolo

swimpolo 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I agree, if your school doesn't rank then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That being said, because you say your school has grades I would assume you have a GPA too? If so, I would try to find out from your upperclassmen who are applying to specialities if you report this GPA when you apply.

About the ads