QCkid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2004
Status
unlvdmd said:
URM??? :confused: I'm sure its obvious but just not coming to me.

see earlier post. It means Under Represented Minorities.

drPheta

Some random guy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Geez, I sway from SDN for a couple years and nothing has changed. I haven't gotten a kick out of sarcasm is so long. Not to threadjack, but HOW THE HELL did Gavin get 10000+ posts???!!!

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status
Attending Physician, Dentist
Geez, I sway from SDN for a couple years and nothing has changed. I haven't gotten a kick out of sarcasm is so long. Not to threadjack, but HOW THE HELL did Gavin get 10000+ posts???!!!
And I'm one of the bad guys now. Two years? That's like an epoch in internet time. ;) Welcome back.

drben

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
There are people who get in with <90. If you have an 87, no one will stop you from applying.

But, if you put applications right next to each other - an 87 with the "whole package" & and a 97 who is a complete tool - I would bet the 97 gets invited first, and the 87 gets put further down on the waitlist to be called.
In my class there were 2 people that were admitted with board scores less than 90 and Class Rank less than top 10. One person had an alumnus of the program call and speak with the program director about how he would be a great addition to the program (which he was) and not to overlook him based upon scores/class rank. The other person was a "legacy" beneficiary. Both were great guys, did well in the residency, and are succeeding in private practice.

Remember-it never hurts to have connections. :)

About the Ads