Orthopaedic surgeon babies in the house???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I googled it and finally found one that seemed quite informative. Most others were 2-3 sentence definitions. That one had pics and all the good stuff. But as to my processing it, I knew some from working in the hospital and doing my surgical shadowing, but most of it I didn't let it get to me. There are times like I feel I won't be ready and that I must know all of it NOW, but then I come to my senses...have someone near me slap me around....& thus realize that it is foolish to have that mindset. Step-by-step...that is how we learn.

God, I wish had that educator machine from Battlefield Earth. Would be the best thing in the world.

Thank you for the slap! Much appreciated. Baby steps right? Right!

Members don't see this ad.

OCHO said:
I didnt realize ortho was just hip and knee replacements...

No, but hip and knee surgery are quite common.

OCHO said:
Cool something else I have learned from you that will be TOTALLY USELESS in med school.

You are looking to me for things that will be useful in med school? I feel so very sorry for you.

DocJulez said:
ya i've heard those anterior spinal sugeries are a piece of cake too. i think i mite go for one tomorrow, after i get my nails did......

I never said they were easy. I said ortho does not generally involve "without this surgery the patient will die" situations.

Members don't see this ad :)
HIGH FIVE! Back atcha! :clap:

Are you still bitter because I called you out about making a thread to brag about your grades?

I can tell because of this and the fact that you followed me to the psychology forums to rehash some joke about my pH being off.

Are you still bitter because I called you out about making a thread to brag about your grades?

I can tell because of this and the fact that you followed me to the psychology forums to rehash some joke about my pH being off.

No not bitter, just think you are relatively bitter, caustic, or acidic, hence the comment about your pH being off.

Followed you over? No, just wonder why you were rude and if I had somehow slighted you. Only to find you are pretty much an irritant to tons of people for no apparent reason. You are just the type of person that likes to stir up pooh. Thats fine.

Just know that there are a lot of people on here that are looking for advice and some sort of support. SDN is a great resource for that and at times some people need to blow off steam, brag, or just vent. Cool thing is the majority (meaning just about everyone but you) of posters on here are very supportive and not argumentative. Another cool insight I have gained from SDN is that there is a vast difference between those going the DO route and those that aren't. DO pre-meds are totally supportive, and have the mindset, we are going to get through this together. I bet, if you don't decide to change your persona, you may find yourself without much help. However, I will give you this, if you ever need some help, even after being an argumentative and irritating person on here, people will still befriend you. You just have to stop being so condescending. Enjoy life, get out from behind your books and computer, go outside meet some people develop some friendships, and work on your social ineptitude.

Best of luck to you in the upcoming cycle. :)

Ok, so I am KINDA considering ortho. I've kinda been shying away from surgery altogether since I am a single mom and unless there are some ravishing HOT.SExy.SANE men in medical school I think I will be single for a while LOL...sorry but anyhoo... So can I get the real lowdown what ortho all about or do I refer myself to the Osteo forum??? I was trying hard not to think about residency when I haven't even applied yet.:D:D

Punkmed,

According to Chuckwalla, its all hips and knees and nothing more. I am diggin on Ortho just because you get a cool shiny snap-on tool box loaded with power tools...GOOD TIMES!

Punkmed,

According to Chuckwalla, its all hips and knees and nothing more. I am diggin on Ortho just because you get a cool shiny snap-on tool box loaded with power tools...GOOD TIMES!

LMAO ok:D:D

No not bitter, just think you are relatively bitter, caustic, or acidic, hence the comment about your pH being off.

Followed you over? No, just wonder why you were rude and if I had somehow slighted you. Only to find you are pretty much an irritant to tons of people for no apparent reason. You are just the type of person that likes to stir up pooh. Thats fine.

Just know that there are a lot of people on here that are looking for advice and some sort of support. SDN is a great resource for that and at times some people need to blow off steam, brag, or just vent. Cool thing is the majority (meaning just about everyone but you) of posters on here are very supportive and not argumentative. Another cool insight I have gained from SDN is that there is a vast difference between those going the DO route and those that aren't. DO pre-meds are totally supportive, and have the mindset, we are going to get through this together. I bet, if you don't decide to change your persona, you may find yourself without much help. However, I will give you this, if you ever need some help, even after being an argumentative and irritating person on here, people will still befriend you. You just have to stop being so condescending. Enjoy life, get out from behind your books and computer, go outside meet some people develop some friendships, and work on your social ineptitude.

Best of luck to you in the upcoming cycle. :)

I am not a fan of braggers. I think it is inconsiderate to the people who didn't do so well.

I also have zero trouble in friends department. I am not sure how you derived that I spent all my time on the computer from my whopping 1-2 posts a day average.

Nice kill 'em with kindness ending. Good luck to you too.

There seemed to be some finality to that. Glad it's over...

Oops, wait.

OCHO said:
Punkmed,

Guess I have to take back my good luck. A doctor should have decent reading comprehension. That isn't what I said at all.

I am not a fan of braggers. I think it is inconsiderate to the people who didn't do so well.

I also have zero trouble in friends department. I am not sure how you derived that I spent all my time on the computer from my whopping 1-2 posts a day average.

Nice kill 'em with kindness ending. Good luck to you too.

There seemed to be some finality to that. Glad it's over...

Oops, wait.

Guess I have to take back my good luck. A doctor should have decent reading comprehension. That isn't what I said at all.

You are absolutely right, I am such an idiot. Anything else you need to get off your chest? Please feel free to continue.

You are absolutely right, I am such an idiot. Anything else you need to get off your chest? Please feel free to continue.

I'm actually good. But if you want to keep this going that's fine.

mods:

how many threads do you close per day?? and you choose to leave this one open???? seriously?

I'm actually good. But if you want to keep this going that's fine.

my GOD you're cranky. seriously, just stop posting in here............................you're not particularly helpful or funny. so i'm over u. :thumbup:
thanks for coming out thou

Members don't see this ad :)
I leave my posting for a while and all hell breaks loose, eh?

I like your spirit, folks!!!!

To clarify, it was meant to be "broo" like people in South Africa say it in reference to their cohorts. AND, on to bigger and better things, Chuckwalla appears to be angry at the world. As the leader of this sorority, I think I will unrush him/her/it. Who's up for a martinis and bikinis party! Like, OMG!

*rolls eyes*

OCHO!!!!

We get Snap-On tools??? My god! And here I was thinking we would be stuck with Craftsman. Psh, I'm in!

Ready....BREAK!

I'm not quite sure if i should argue just to fit in before i start a post...but o well.

I'm happy alot of people were talking about PMR, pain management, and all that in addition to ortho. I'm really interested in surgery, specifically spine surgeries (but thats all i've ever seen, so I guess we'll see what happens on rotations). I know that neurosurgeons and orthos can both do spine, but i was leaning more towards neuro if thats all I wanted to do, because it seems to make a little more sense. If I end up changing my mind though, and decide i want a family I might consider PM&R because OMM really interests me and I'd like to be able to apply that in my practice.

OCHO!!!!

We get Snap-On tools??? My god! And here I was thinking we would be stuck with Craftsman. Psh, I'm in!

Ready....BREAK!

You mean to tell me you have never seen the "Snap-On" tools van outside the hospital? What did you think they were there for the mechanics? Sheesh :hungover:

hehehe

It's that pre-med logic, y'know? I just wasn't putting A and B together. I understood them both as separate entities...it was the bridge between them that was missing.

Thank you, Ocho. Thank you.

Wait...

This isn't a website to get laid?????

OH WHAT THE %&#$* %%&&$ @**&!!!!!

Dammit.

let the record show beach blondie is hitting on me and wants to have my orthopedic babies.

Isn't that something..

Oh my.....

My cheeks are officially e-blushing. Good ol' orthopod baby-making.

Someone should make a joke about bones or boners or something like that here. I can't really think of anything good, but I know its there. I'm just not on my game today.

with my exotic spaniard/indian looks and your beach blonde sass we can make a super-good-looking-nerd-breed. I mean, you want to be a doctor, that means you've taken at least algebra and english...and well...i, ofcourse, am smart.

although, you want to be a ortho-surgeon...as a girl?

forgive my political incorrectness but you didn't play softball in hs did you? :)

im all for ortho can wait for a shot at it. im applying to do schools right now and would love to match ortho!!!!

Someone should make a joke about bones or boners or something like that here. I can't really think of anything good, but I know its there. I'm just not on my game today.

what do you call a growing penis? an erection.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

get it? because its growing...it becomes erect! hehe

oh man.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh...wait, wait.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Softball??? *high five*

No, I didn't. But, from an athlete, that was the most amazing comment ever. Shame. On. You. You're very bad--I love it!

Yes, our children will be a ravishingly attractive/brilliant plague upon the world.

I think you two are hoping your child will be the "Arnold" version of the movie "Twins".

My bet is that its going to be the "Devito" side hehehehe:smuggrin:

I know it was harsh, but I am really a good person, really I am. If you dont believe me just ask. hehehe

I wish they were Devito-hot.

Mmmmmmmmm so stumpy....

You know, despite the number of movies Mr. Devito is in, I keep envisioning him as The Penguin...with that inky-black mouth.

Danny DeVito was born to play the penguin. In fact, he was probably the inspiration for the comic book character.

I'm the same way with Billy Bob Thornton. He is a great actor, and he's in a ton of movies, but I will always see him as Bad Santa.

And thank you, my darlings, for the boost of confidence :)

I have a feeling that I'll have to censor myself a bit during interviews. I tend to snap my retorts out without much thought. Normally that would be fine, but my jokes are mostly inappropriate. I mean, who doesn't like a good joke about boobies and no-no zones?

ya i hope to do surgery. More than that though I would love to do ORS spine or working with athletes I believe thats Sports Medicine and is a 2 year fellowship after the 5 year ortho residency anyone know for sure about these two things

I believe thats Sports Medicine and is a 2 year fellowship after the 5 year ortho residency anyone know for sure about these two things

Both are generally 1 year post ortho residency. Some you can request a second year if you want to do more research. You can also do several fellowships if you so choose.