1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by synergy2, Nov 17, 2002.

  1. synergy2

    synergy2 New Member

    Nov 17, 2002
    Likes Received:
    I am trying to research the availability or possibility of a year's residency in the US in hand surgery for a fourth-year orthopedic resident in Bangkok with MD training in India who has practiced medicine in Bhutan for about a decade.... where do i begin? thanks!
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Winged Scapula

    Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

    Apr 9, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Attending Physician
    He would apply for a Hand fellowship like any other physician. The NRMP has fellowships listed in Hand at several US facilities...go to http://www.nrmp.org and follow the links to Residency/Fellowship training.

    Kunz and Kleinert in Louisville, Kentucky is probably the most known for accepting foreign trained fellows - about half of their yearly contingent of hand fellows are IMGs. I do not know whether or not they require ECFMG certification - if so, this is a long haul, but information can be had at www.ecfmg.org

    Best of luck...

    BTW, moving this to General Residency Forum...

Share This Page