• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Orthopedics vs Podiatry

May 5, 2020
  1. Podiatrist
Lol I think Ortho F/A will be just fine

Amongst other reasons, there’s also the issue of taking General ortho call, that’s also what I’ve been told on most of my discussions with ortho groups.

As far as the VA goes, the bill cited had nothing to do with expanding scope of practice. It was just to reclassify pods within the VA system to free up more $$$. I don’t think we have any plans to start doing hips and knees anytime soon;)

+1 to the post above, I also wish the relationship could be more amicable. I trained with an amazing Ortho F/A surgeon whoin addition to being one of the smartest people I’ve ever met was also super approachable

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

akwho

7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ortho Foot and Ankle job market is incredible right now - pay isn't super hot but you can get a job anywhere for F&A. None of the other ortho's want those cases so the ortho F&A surgeons will always be in demand. Trust me they aren't going to have any trouble getting patients either, based off the numerous revisions we do from the community podiatrists all my patients will be referred to the ortho foot and ankle surgeon in town if they are available.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.