OSAP for medical schools in US & Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frank29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody having experience dealing with osap loan for medical schools' fees in US and Caribbean schools. Just wondering if OSAP would cover (of course depending upon family income) tuition fees for US or Caribbean schools. I checked the OSAP website; but it is not clear. If somebody can direct me to the correct links.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Not even close. OSAP/provincial loans give you about 20K max. Canadian school tuition (20K-ish) means you need OSAP+LOC. The LOC is 275K max.

It gets worse in the US. The dollar is so bad you essentially need wealthy family to pay the rest. For most of us, US med schools are a non-option for this reason.

Reactions: 1 user
It would help very minorly but i believe its provided for the US and maybe Caribbean.

Reactions: 1 user
The last time I checked OSAP was the lowest (compared to other provinces) @210/week. Which equates to about 40k total over 4 years. OSAP funds any international study as long as the school/program is recognized. - Also, call them, you can get a clear answer directly from them.

I don't know much about this other option, but if you have a US co-signer you can attempt: http://www.internationalstudentloan.com/canadian_student/.