osler vs ascp review course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4ensic

Resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts to share on which board review course (Osler vs ASCP) might best prepare a path resident for the AP boards? Please share any personal experiences you have had with either of these review courses.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any thoughts to share on which board review course (Osler vs ASCP) might best prepare a path resident for the AP boards? Please share any personal experiences you have had with either of these review courses.
Thank you.

Osler for AP, ASCP for CP IMO. but I would attend both.

Osler spoonfeeds you board prep, while the ASCP course is geared more towards a practical approach to signing out. Both have their strengths as far as lecturers and course materials are concerned, although I think Osler's AP courses are more complete (ASCP doesn't have a bone or thyroid lecture, for example). If your sole goal is to pass boards, then Osler might be the better course for you. Both are pretty useful courses, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not have experience with the ASCP course, but I did attend Osler for AP and CP. The course is an excellent and concise review of pretty much what you need to pass the boards. It certainly has it's weak points, but gives you a great starting point on which to organize your boards preparation. The audio lectures (in mp3 format) are very helpful.

I do not have experience with the ASCP course, but I did attend Osler for AP and CP. The course is an excellent and concise review of pretty much what you need to pass the boards. It certainly has it's weak points, but gives you a great starting point on which to organize your boards preparation. The audio lectures (in mp3 format) are very helpful.

What are the weak points?

While the images during the Osler course are excellent, you will forget them quickly. The notes/audio lectures they provide don't have any images (though they were working on this issue last time I checked). Therefore, as you read/listen to the lectures, it would be a good idea to look at relevant images to reinforce facts/concepts covered in their syllabus.

Someone commented on the Osler course being "information overload", which I totally agree with if you are learning the concepts for the first time. To maximize the learning experience from the course, it would be a good idea to briefly review their notes/lectures prior to attending the course.