1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Osteopathic/Allopathic - whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr NZ, Feb 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr NZ

Dr NZ Junior Member

Hi, I am a medical student from New Zealand, and here Medicine is just medicine.
    I was wondering what is the difference between Osteopathic and aloopathic medicine?
    Is one better than the other?

------------------
    Dr NZ
    UniOtago MD2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Aren't there schools of osteopathy in New Zealand? I believe they exist in Australia.

You can learn more about osteopathic medicine at osteopathic.com or the American Osteopathic Association's website at www.aoa-net.org

Tim of New York City.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    Dr NZ

Dr NZ Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. No, there are no osteopathic medical schools here in NZ...infact there are only two allopathic schools (Auckland and Otago).
    I am sure that they exist in Australia though...thanks for the direction anyway.

4. Golden Hour

Golden Hour Membership Revoked
    Removed Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.