Osteopathic Derm, any help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amadeus

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've posted this on the other board but no replies. Does anyone have any knowledge about the osteopathic derm programs and how they compare to allopathic programs in terms of job placement? There seems little information about this out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Amadeus,
I am also interested in finding out more about this. There is some info available that I found at www.acod.org
Also, there are a lot of osteopathic physicians who are listed in the website of the american college of dermatology: www.aad.org (see under physician profiles).
This does give you a bit of information but it would be nice to have someone who has some personal experiences talk about it.

Thanks CJ. I get the impression that newly graduated residents of osteopathic derm need to make their own breaks to start their practice. They just don't have the networking like the allopaths.

Members don't see this ad :)
None of the DO dermatologists I know had any problem setting up practice. Even the ones straight out of residency.

In dermatology, there are plenty of business to go around. Our office is book 3 months out for new patients.

DermRes is right... just like many other DO specialties, the DO Dermies don't have any problem finding job placement/good offers. The DO job placement almost exactly mirrors MD placement (might be a little harder working at a Univ-based academic proram right out of residency... but... whatever)...