Osteopathic Family Medicine in Rhode Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RIfamdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Positions available for July 2010. Please PM me for more information, if interested. Must be graduating from an Osteopathic Medical School.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this position still available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
I graduated fro medical school in India, and currently looking for family medicine opportunity. Am I eligible? I would love to get in touch with you, if your position is still open. I just checked out your website

I'm sure RIfamdoc will get back to you.....I will reply preliminaily for them:

To apply for an Osteopathic Residency, you will need to have graduated from an Osteopathic Medical School (Doctor of Osteopathy; D.O.). Since you graduated from a medical school in India....may I assume that you graduated from an Allopathic Medical School (Medical Doctor, M.D.)? These are the same except that DOs also get training in osteopathic principles and practices (see American Osteopathic Association website for more infomation about this). If you graduated from an allopathic (MD) program you are not eligible for an osteopathic residency position. Some residencies are dually certified in DO/MD and may be able to play around with their positions and move one over.

You need to talk to that program to find out the specifics.
On the Kent Hospital website it will tell you how to contact them i.e., phone numbers, emails.
www.kenthospital.org

Good Luck!