Osteopathic internship with Allopathic residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlopez2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of any Allopathic programs out there in radiology that wont take an Osteopathic internship year? Id really like to do a transitional osteopathic internship but am worried that some of my top choice programs wont find that to be acceptable. Id ask but dont want to stand out as being a difficult prospective candidate.

Members don't see this ad.

The ABR determines the requirements for board certification of radiologists, and they say it's fine as long as it's AOA (which I assume it would be) approved.

1 year in clinical training . The first postgraduate year must be accredited clinical training in internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery or surgical specialties, obstetrics & gynecology, neurology, family practice, emergency medicine, transitional year, or any combination of these. No more than a total of three months may be spent in radiology, radiation oncology, and/or pathology. All clinical training must be in an ACGME-, AOA-, or RCPSC- approved program (or equivalent).

I can't imagine why a program would care unless they've got an underlying bias against DOs anyway, and how are you going to weed out those anyway?

Hey thanks for the reply. Now i guess i better just focus on getting into a radiology residency.