Osteopathic Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erdoc123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which States currently require an osteopathic internship in order to practice? I tried finding it on the forum, but couldn't find a list. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Michigan is one of them, I am not sure about the rest. (I think that Fla, WV, and Ohio require the DO intern year as well, but I'm not positive). The good thing is that they were verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry generous with exemptions through Resolution 42 last year:D.

What exactly is Resolution 42 and what does it do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which States currently require an osteopathic internship in order to practice? I tried finding it on the forum, but couldn't find a list. Thanks!

When in doubt, always consult the correct source for information. Don't rely on SDN otherwise you can go insane with contradictory and incorrect information.

The 5 states that require an osteopathic internship are: Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

The information can be found here, on the American Osteopathic Association's website for professionals (DO-Online):

https://www.do-online.org/index.cfm...ubPageID=sir_postdoc&SubSubPageID=sir_faqmain