1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Osteopathic Internships

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Mav21, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Mav21

Mav21 Junior Member

Hi everyone, I just joined today and I was wondering if anyone could help answer a question for me. I am a recent grad. of K college in MI and am currently doing summer research at The Cleveland Clinic. I am taking the MCAT this summer and am planning to enter DO school in 2003. My question is if anyone has any contacts or referals for a year-long osteopathic internship. I realize this is a untraditional internship but I am ready to work to help make this sort of experience available to other students. I am VERY geographically open and can travel as needed for an interview. Any info. anyone could offer would be EXTREMELY helpful to me.

Thanks for your help,

-Eric :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Billie

Billie An Oldie but a Goodie...
    10+ Year Member

Do you mean the year-long Osteopathic Internship DO's have after they graduate from med school??? I have a feeling you don't, but am not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

Billie, MS-IV

4. Mav21

Mav21 Junior Member

I guess I should have specified that I am looking for a year-long post-bacc. internship before entering osteopathic school. I am very open to what the internship would involve but basically I am looking for a clinical/research position working with an osteopath(s). Once again I realize this is a very uncommon internship however I have done research/clinical work my past 4 years of undergrad. and I feel I can make a real contribution.

Thanks again and any help, referrals, or recommendations would be INVALUABLE to me.

-Eric :)

5. apple638

apple638 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    LECOM has a post bac program as does Ohio. You should contact the schools directly for more info on their programs.

6. apple638

apple638 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    LECOM has a post bac program as does Ohio. You should contact the schools directly for more info on their programs.