Osteopathic Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mav21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just joined today and I was wondering if anyone could help answer a question for me. I am a recent grad. of K college in MI and am currently doing summer research at The Cleveland Clinic. I am taking the MCAT this summer and am planning to enter DO school in 2003. My question is if anyone has any contacts or referals for a year-long osteopathic internship. I realize this is a untraditional internship but I am ready to work to help make this sort of experience available to other students. I am VERY geographically open and can travel as needed for an interview. Any info. anyone could offer would be EXTREMELY helpful to me.

Thanks for your help,

-Eric :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the year-long Osteopathic Internship DO's have after they graduate from med school??? I have a feeling you don't, but am not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

Billie, MS-IV

I guess I should have specified that I am looking for a year-long post-bacc. internship before entering osteopathic school. I am very open to what the internship would involve but basically I am looking for a clinical/research position working with an osteopath(s). Once again I realize this is a very uncommon internship however I have done research/clinical work my past 4 years of undergrad. and I feel I can make a real contribution.

Thanks again and any help, referrals, or recommendations would be INVALUABLE to me.

-Eric :)

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM has a post bac program as does Ohio. You should contact the schools directly for more info on their programs.

LECOM has a post bac program as does Ohio. You should contact the schools directly for more info on their programs.