Osteopathic Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This topic is for people who receive interviews. Please post when you receive your interviews. I just got a TUCOM 4 days ago, and then received a UNECOM invite 2 days ago. I applied pretty early, about june 7.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview for LECOM on the 5th.

It frustrates me to know that I applied before TNT (on June 5th), and I have yet to receive a secondary from UNE, let alone an interview. Get your act together AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got one yesterday from UHS-COM on 9/5.

Did you get an interview from UHS? How long ago did you send in your secondary. Any idea if they send everyone a secondary. It is the only school I applied to, and sent in my secondary yesterday.

I sent my UHS secondary out on 8/14, and they probably recieved it several days later. I recieved my interview invite on 9/5, so it was pretty fast. Good luck.

Hey TNT congrats. I am a student ambassador for UHS-COM. I am a first year student there and being an ambassador will be giving some of you tours around the campas on your interview day. Good luck, I hope to see you soon. When is your interview, I may be touring people that day. If you have any questions just give me an E-mail.
JK

Guylon07,

Hi, thanks for your offer of assistance. I do have a few questions about UHS that maybe you, as a current student, can answer.
1)I am really excited about the interview, but is it true that most of the students interviewed at UHS are eventually accepted?
2)Do you feel that the large class size has hindered your medical education in any way, or has it taken away from personal attention from professors?

Thanks for your help. I originally had an interview set for Sept 22, but unfortunately had to reschedule due to another interview being on sept 23. I will be attending the interview at UHS on OCT 11. Hope to see you there too.

I received an interview from LECOM (15SEP) and UHS-COM (22SEP). I am looking forward to both. Anyone else going to be there on those days?

I am still waiting for interviews...but that is GREAT. I am going to UHS for the open house...anyone else going???

Anybody have some info. or stats on what percentage of interviewees are accepted by TUCOM? Thanks for the help...

I received my secondary, completed but am short on hours at UHS courses. Is anyone else in that same shape? I wonder if they will offer an interview when you are short on hours???

A word of caution to the critical posters here:
Adcoms, aacomas people, and profs read this site as well as pre-meds and med students.
POST WISELY!

Members don't see this ad :)
rhillstr,

I don't think you should try and intimidate people by saying things like that. This is a forum used by real people to express the feelings/struggles/thoughts/heartbreak/joy/etc. of the process of becoming a medical student. And most of us choose to do so annonymously for various reasons.

My point is, if our experiences were unpleasent, why should we hold back our feelings on the subject? Why would we choose to express our thoughts and feelings to a group such as this, if we felt fear of censure from an authority such as an adcomm?

Your remarks are both irresponsible, and reprehensible. And I hope all of us who use this forum as a tool to help us to share our experiences with medical schools, will disregard rhillstr's comments. Never allow anyone to make you fear reprecussions for what you have posted in a public internet forum. This is still a free country, I beleive...

Originally posted by RDJ:
I received an interview from LECOM (15SEP) and UHS-COM (22SEP). I am looking forward to both. Anyone else going to be there on those days?

Interesting. The folks at LECOM have been in contact with me several times, and they've all informed me that their first interview date is October 2nd. I am told they're not going to interview anyone until then.

A good rule of thumb is not to believe everything you read.

W.

hi, i was wondering how many people already have recieved secondaries from the osteopathic schools. i applied electronically early july yet have not recieved anything from them, can someone help me out
thanks

How dare you doubt my post?
smile.gif
I understand that you need to take what many people say on this BB with a grain of salt. However, this is not the first time I have posted here. Moreover, my profile identifies me by name, city and the fact that I am military. Anyone who knows me, or for that matter is going to interview me, can easily read any and all posts I have placed on this board. I identify myself for the specific reason that I want people to know whom they are ?talking? to. That way, they are in a better position to determine the quality of my post and decide whether or not to apply any weight to it.
With that said, LECOM is the fourth of five interviews I have had already (both M.D. and D.O). My interview is @ 0815 on the 15th of September of the year 2000.
The next time you bash me on this board, Mr./Ms. Wish Upon a Falling Star, make sure you sign your name. My ?good name? backs up everything I say here. If I ever make a mistake or post erroneous information, please point it out. I will respectfully thank you for doing so at the same time I am apologizing for my misdeed.

Respectfully,
smile.gif

RDJ (R. Dale Jackson)

[This message has been edited by RDJ (edited 09-12-2000).]

Vdub,

I applied to both Texas schools and to AACOMAS. My AACOMAS application was submitted in the second week of June. I received secondaries from NOVA, UMDNJ, PCOM, DMU, MSUCOM, UHSCOM, AZCOM and LECOM in early August (they were all I applied to). I completed and return them all, than received interviews from UHS and LECOM the first week in September. As far as I know, the other schools listed above do not begin interviewing until early October.

RDJ

Hi Chrsburr,
I am interviewing at LECOM on the 18th of September as well. It is also my first interview. Good luck to you and I'll see you there!

hey
i applied to all the DO schools, it was on july 7th to be exact. shouldnt they have sent me something by now... this isgetting me worried.
thanks
vdub

are all u people above who are getting interview early decision candidates or just people with awesome numbers, i have like 3.3 and an avg mcat, sent out my app july 7 and no word yet, what the dilly, MD schools have sent out all secondaris in beg on august alredy
peace out

I applied in the beginning of June. So, I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you applied July 7, I am sure you will be receiving your supplemental information within the next week or two :)

Hi Dana.
I wanted to wish you good luck on your interview at LECOM also. Thanks for the good luck from you.

is anyone interviewing at the west virginia school??? just wondering?

MMERZOUK,

I have an interview there in a couple of weeks. My first one. Nearest airport is in Roanoke and is 90 miles away.

To everyone: anyone know how may out of states they interview? I hear they only have 25 spots for out of states. Wanted to get a feeling of my chances. Anyone have anything to say about the school?

-GUTTI

WVSOM is awesome! I interviewed there and loved it. If the out-of-state tution wasn't $32,000+ a year, my name on here might have been Lewisburgmedstudent. I don't think that sounds as good though. I was told that 60% of their class is usually in state. And I am sure you know about the US News ranking. Have fun in the "hot seat".

[This message has been edited by Pikevillemedstudent (edited 09-16-2000).]

Of course I think WVSOM is great!!!! I would actually say that of the three schools in the state, WVSOM is likely the best. Well, maybe I do not know that for a fact, but I do know "WVSOM can hold it's own with Marshall and WVU"!

Not to mention, the head of the gross anatomy dept was professor of the year. . .a state award!!

The pathology dept. is GREAT. Visiting professors come from UVA (virginia), which is one of the top MD schools. Plus the full time pathologist at the school (oh, she use to be at UVA ) is the best!!

I could go on and on. To sum it up. . .
Great School!!!

------------------
ob/gyn wannabe

WOAH!
You missed the ENTIRE POINT of my comment Mango. I am saying that you should be careful because some of you have entered your biographical data into your profiles and are thus NOT anonymous. I'm simply letting them know that other people ARE observing their banter... as a courtesy not as a threat!! I went through the process just like all of you and I had something I thought meaningful to add this post. Whether we like it or not free speech doesn't not remove liability from the comments we make. I would hate to seem someone "blow off some steam" and hurt their chances of admission because they thought no one would hear them. I'm saying keep in mind other ears are here. In may case even after admission I know of at least one faculty member from my school that reads this board and I could be held liable for something I post. I'm not talking about critizing something in a constructive manner such as what you did, I'm talking about some of the inappropriate and rude things I have seen. It's also not up to me or faculty or adcoms to decide what is appropriate, that's up to all of you. In deciding that I am helping YOU decide what criteria to use by mentioning that other people see it. So Mango thanks for the input but please try not to read between the lines so much since I never actually said that you are subject to med student, faculty, or adcom censure.
Good luck all.

P.S.
If anyone is coming to CCOM for an interview please feel to email me. My address is in my profile.

I hear a few of you on this post have received interviews from TUCOM, I received mine 9-15 and will be interviewing on October 16th. For those of you who will be interviewing that day, I look forward to meeting you all. I hear nothing but great comments about the school, faculty, and the students. Good luck to you all.
By the way, for those of you who want to know an approximate response time, I completed my file 9-7, and received an invite on the 15th. Hope the info was helpful.

[This message has been edited by RobbC (edited 09-18-2000).]

For those who applied to PCOM, check your mailboxes. Interviews for the first week of October began arriving today.

I wish you all the best of luck...
smile.gif

Hey Robbc,

That's weird cuz I received an invite on sept 6th yet I called last monday to schedule and the earliest was october 23rd...hmmm I wonder what thats about. Anyways good luck to ya! Anybody have any thoughts regarding Azcom?

Just recieved a Kirksville invite today, 9/18.

Just recieved a phone call from Western inviting for an interview in early October. Good Luck.

TNT,

Nice to hear. I received a phone call for an interview at WesternU also. I'll be there Oct 3. You said early October, maybe even interview at the same time, but anyway good luck to you. For those of you who want to know an approximate response time, my file was completed early September, and received an invite 9-21. Hope the info was helpful.

TNT,

What day are you going to be interviewing at Western? I already saw RobbC's post and found out I am going to be there two days after him. Lemme know maybe I'll see ya there! Good luck to all...

Just recieved a Des Moines invite today. Does anyone have any info on the program there??

I Interviewed several weeks back at LECOM, I remember being there with some bumpkin from Tennessee who came out of his interview claiming that the interviewers said: "We'll see you in the fall!" Is it just me...or is this EXTREMELY poor interview etiquette? I think everyone in the room heard him and just thought he was a complete joke. Not to mention the fact he was all uptight about his hickish accent.

I received two interview invites today...UHS and UNECOM..I am PSYCHED...can't wait to see what these schools are all about...

Anyone have any advice about these two???

I've been accepted at UNECOM. I'll give you my views on the school.
You will be interviewing with 9-10 people and will recieve a little card stating the time of interview and who will interview you. People say relax because the interview is simple. This may be true, but you should not come unprepared. Still prepare for the Why osteopathy? etc. questions. I liked the school and thought the students they accepted were extremely nice, the kind you wouldn't mind spending the next four years with. The diversity, not great....98-99 percent white(But what do you expect, you're in Maine). They have a new building which is great because everything is modern and up to date, and students have access to it 24 hrs/day. The class size works, only 115 students, so everyone knows everyone, pretty much. The area and campus is beautiful, go driving around and see the houses. They have 4 students per cadaver, which is a good ratio and tells alot about a school and the resourses. The notetaking service is fairly decent and accurate from what i hear.

Will I attend? I don't know yet. Everything the school showed me on interview day sold me on the school. That was my first interview, so it is difficult to compare with others. I have UHS, TUCOM, KCOM, COMP scheduled, so I want to see these programs before I make a final decision. I certainly wouldn't mind going if that was my only acceptance. I also live on the other side of the country, so that may weigh on my decision. But, if you are from the East Coast, I would seriously consider this school. It was great.

Yosh,

Good to hear. I just got an interview for UHS also in mid-October. Hopefully we'll interview on the same day. Good luck to you, from Sig Ep (LMU) to Sig Ep. For those interested in finding out an approximate response time, my file was completed 9/7 and received my invite 9/30. Osteopathic medicine here we come.

[This message has been edited by RobbC (edited 10-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RobbC (edited 10-01-2000).]

Thanks for the quick responses...I have heard gret things about both of these schools...so we'll see what "pans" out..I have never been to Missouri...and don't know what to expect...but we'll see soon enough....

TNT,
Thanks for the useful info on UNECOM. IF you've already been accepted, may I ask when you applied? How long did it take after teh interview for you to find out the decision? I have an interview there in early October.

Other interviews include AZCOM and PCOM

thanks,
glands

[This message has been edited by glands75 (edited 10-02-2000).]

Just returned from PCOM and was quite impressed. It is definitely among my top choices. I have my last four interviews coming up fast. I just wanted to see if anyone from this BB is going to be there with me.

AZCOM-10/13
MSUCOM-10/16
DMU-10/19
NOVA-10/20

Good Luck
wink.gif
Dale

[This message has been edited by RDJ (edited 10-08-2000).]

Dale...

I'll see you at AZCOM on the 13th! I'm really looking forward to this school. Good luck with all the rest.

Pritbir

Originally posted by glands75:

TNT,
Thanks for the useful info on UNECOM. IF you've already been accepted, may I ask when you applied? How long did it take after teh interview for you to find out the decision? I have an interview there in early October.

Other interviews include AZCOM and PCOM

thanks,
glands

[This message has been edited by glands75 (edited 10-02-2000).]

glands75:
Sorry it took so long for me to write back. I was busy preparing for another interview. I had my application complete at UNECOM mid August and received an invite after labor day. I received my acceptance letter exactly 7 days later. They decide that same day and give it to the dean for final approval then send it to you. It is in a thin envelope. Good luck at the interview. It is really early, and although a the MSI said that they only accept 50% of interviewed, it is early so chances are probably higher.

Thanks for the info.

Is it true we have until December 15th to place a deposit at a school?

-Glands

I have heard many people say the deadline for deposits is NOV 15, but in the case of UNECOM, they sent a letter stating that thier deadline as DEC 15. I'm not sure which one to go by. I assume that all schools got together and decided on one date, and UNECOM gave the date of dec 15. So thats the one I'll go by, unless someone else knows what the deal is about it. good luck.