OSTEOPATHIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION FOR STUDENTS (OMAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aecuenca

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wanted to let all of you know of our pre-osteopathic organization.

A little background information: OMAS was first started at UCSD to increase osteopathic medicine awareness among pre-med students. This was because the on-campus career services center provided inadequate osteopathic medicine information to students. In addition, the anti-D.O. sentiment among UCSD pre-meds is very high, mainly based on ignorance and misconceptions.

Another chapter was started this past February at SDSU and since then both the UCSD and SDSU chapters have been working together to promote osteopathic medicine.

We recently attended the SOMA convention last month and met with the President of the pre-SOMA chapter. Unforunately, we were told that there wouldn't be a continuation of that program. However, we would like to continue to promote the creation of a national pre-osteopathic organization.

Both the OMAS-UCSD and OMAS-SDSU chapters would like to extend an invitation to all of you to visit our website at:
http://members.xoom.com/omasucsd/logo.htm

We would like to expand to other undergraduate universities and offer our support in doing so.

Please let us know what you think of our website, our organization, or anything else in general. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks!

Arnold Cuenca
FOUNDER/ADVISOR OMAS-UCSD CHAPTER
WESTERN UNIVERSITY/COMP CLASS OF 2004

Glenn Matanza
PRESIDENT OMAS-SDSU CHAPTER

Wahida Azimi
PRESIDENT OMAS-UCSD CHAPTER

[This message has been edited by aecuenca (edited 04-24-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck to you!! I think I may have met you in SD at the SOMA Convention.

I will check out your site and let you know my take!

Again, best of luck!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!