Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

I am planning to retake General Chemistry I and General Chemistry II next spring.
The problem is that both of these were 5 unit courses and I will be re-taking those courses at another college that offer 3 unit lecture + 1 unit lab. My question is, will they be replaced with new grades?
I'm admittedly not 100% on this, but I BELIEVE that, starting this year, AACOMAS will only allow grade replacement if you retook the course at the same school where you originally took it.

Supernatural17

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm admittedly not 100% on this, but I BELIEVE that, starting this year, AACOMAS will only allow grade replacement if you retook the course at the same school where you originally took it.
I really hope this is not true... that would be devastating. Anyone know if this is accurate ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Shammyguy3

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
That doesn't make sense, most schools will not let you retake a course for a new grade unless you failed it the first time.

Reactions: Dolly96
Nov 17, 2012
CA
Status
Pre-Medical
I really hope this is not true... that would be devastating. Anyone know if this is accurate ?

It is not true , you can retake at any university or even community college
Just make sure that credits is higher or equivalent and same / similar class name
In your case I think it's better to email AACOMAS

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Not true.

Reactions: Shotapp

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't think this is true. My school considers C- as passing and wouldn't allow you to retake it.

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
What was the rule change they instituted this year
I believe that if you are a re-applicant and are retaking a course that had already been verified on a previous app then it must be retaken at the same institution