NA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perplexed62325

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Like much of what you learn in medical school, most doctors won't use it often but some will.

I enjoyed learning OMM and it will give me something extra to offer if I end up in FM. It has also come in handy in diagnosing and treating friends and family. It was also good practice of palpation skills.
Others would disagree.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't you have a thread on the MD forum too?

At my school we have lab for 1.5 hours/week and lecture for 1 hour/week, on average. (Plus studying enough to pass the practical quizzes and final, and the written exams).

Members don't see this ad :)
How many hours are devoted to learning such techniques?
The average is a bit over 200 hours of classroom/lab time over the first two years. Your mileage may vary.

It's just enough to be annoying as far as time goes, but not too bad. I don't like it though and will not use it

After using it in OMT clinic on a couple rotations so far, there's definitely an application for OMT for MSK complaints. A little bit of MFR, Still or CS, and people with chronic pains can suddenly move. It's actually kind of crazy to see.

Reactions: 3 users
3-4 hours a week, no time studying until 3 days before the test.

If you end up in family/IM/PM&R, you'll be glad you had the training. Lesser extent perhaps to OBGYN/Peds/mayyyybeEM.

Few other professions use it and it is just something you learned way back then, like the krebs cycle.

Reactions: 1 users